Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Logic Pro X 10.4 available for El Capitan users?

I can't seem to install the update, running on Mac OSX 10.11.6.

Posted on Jan 26, 2018 8:45 AM

10 replies

Jan 30, 2018 9:32 PM in response to JaradCarney

That's disappointing to hear. Apple introduced a bug with Night Shift that breaks colour management on external monitors (still unresolved as of High Sierra 10.13.3) I had to blow my machine out and go back to El Capitan to get around that. Now it seems that's going to prevent me from updating Logic.

I thought I was leaving these kinds of problems behind when I stopped using Microsoft products.

Thank you for the info though, at least I now know why Logic 10.4 is not showing up in the App store for this particular machine.

Jan 30, 2018 9:49 PM in response to J McDowell

Its ongoing J Mcdowell!

Be it Apple, Microsoft, Audio interfaces, controllers, Logic/ DAWS, OS or whatever, it will never change!

I really wouldn't worry about it too much, professional studios won't be flapping about updating to the next Logic version, lots of them will be using versions from years back, and older versions of Pro Tools etc too.

If your El Capitan and your Logic version are stable, then thats great, yes Logic 10.4 has some really nice features which you will miss out on, but thats life, a few months down the line there will be a version of Logic with even better features, then that will need a minimum of High Sierra! never ending!

Having said that, I am thinking of installing Sierra on to my 2nd computer to be able to use Logic 10.4!

But my main music system has El capitan and Logic 10.3.2

Good luck.

Is Logic Pro X 10.4 available for El Capitan users?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.