Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to move message

I got "unable to move message" when I try to delete a message in the inbox of my iPhone 7. It disappears a few moments and keeps coming back even I reset the phone.

iPhone 7, iOS 11.2.2

Posted on Jan 26, 2018 1:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2018 8:42 AM

Hi there, jw1105.

After reviewing your post, it appears That you're unable to completely delete an email message from the Mail application on your iPhone 7. I'm happy to help.

Force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- First, force close the Mail application if it's open, then -- Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Restart your iPhone. Once it's returned to the Home screen, test the issue.

If restarting your phone didn't resolve the issue, please follow the steps below:

1. Tap Settings > Accounts & Passwords
  2. Select the email account from the list
  3. Tap the Account
  4. Tap Advanced
  5. Under "Mailbox Behaviors", make sure "Deleted Mailbox" has "Trash" selected under "On the server".
  6. Go back to the Account screen and tap "Done"

See if you're able to completely delete the email in question.

Let me know how that goes.

Take care!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2018 8:42 AM in response to jw1105

Hi there, jw1105.

After reviewing your post, it appears That you're unable to completely delete an email message from the Mail application on your iPhone 7. I'm happy to help.

Force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- First, force close the Mail application if it's open, then -- Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Restart your iPhone. Once it's returned to the Home screen, test the issue.

If restarting your phone didn't resolve the issue, please follow the steps below:

1. Tap Settings > Accounts & Passwords
  2. Select the email account from the list
  3. Tap the Account
  4. Tap Advanced
  5. Under "Mailbox Behaviors", make sure "Deleted Mailbox" has "Trash" selected under "On the server".
  6. Go back to the Account screen and tap "Done"

See if you're able to completely delete the email in question.

Let me know how that goes.

Take care!

Unable to move message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.