Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won’t my front/ facing camera work?

My camera will. not. work. I have an iPhone7, and recently it just stopped working. I tried the Normal camera, which just displayed a black screen. I then switched over to another app that uses a camera and no dice. I have tried everything from cleaning the camera to restarting my phone at least three times, but had yet to yield any results. If you have experienced anything like this and managed to fix it, please text me the details at ***.

Thank you so much!

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

Posted on Jan 26, 2018 3:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2018 11:22 AM

Hello ashlizmax0204,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities.

I see that the front camera isn't working on your iPhone. I'll be happy to help provide some support for this issue.

This resource has some troubleshooting for the camera issue. Take a look at let me know if you are able to get it working.

Get help with the camera on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Kind Regards.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2018 11:22 AM in response to ashlizmax0204

Hello ashlizmax0204,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities.

I see that the front camera isn't working on your iPhone. I'll be happy to help provide some support for this issue.

This resource has some troubleshooting for the camera issue. Take a look at let me know if you are able to get it working.

Get help with the camera on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Kind Regards.

Why won’t my front/ facing camera work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.