Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Heart rate recordings

I was having bad chest pains, and my Apple Watch was showing a high of 471bpm. It didn’t record this to my phone. Is their a way to retrieve this data some how?

Posted on Jan 28, 2018 6:25 AM

1 reply

Jan 28, 2018 6:30 AM in response to ivlillion

Hi

Heart rate readings are shared to the Health app on your paired iPhone.

To view the individual recorded data points for any given day:

In the Health app on your iPhone, go to: Health Data (tab) > Heart > in the Heart Rate box, tap on the "i" / info icon > Show All Data > tap on a day to see the individual readings for that day.

If an expected reading cannot be found there, then there is no way to recover it.

More information and instructions for using the app are provided here:

Use the Health app on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support

Apple provides information in the following support articles regarding heart rate readings and factors that can affect their accuracy. Note that Apple advises that, even under ideal conditions, Apple Watch may not be able to record a reliable heart rate reading every time for everybody:

If you are in any doubt regarding the accuracy of the readings, then - whilst keeping in mind that Apple Watch is not a medical device - you may wish to consult your doctor / physician.

If you are concerned about a possible hardware defect with your Apple Watch, then I suggest that you contact Apple Support (remote diagnostics and/or mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance:

More information:

Important safety information

Heart rate recordings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.