Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SETTINGS search box not working

Under SETTINGS the SEARCH BOX that’s purpose is to give settings shorttuts like if you type in “Siri” brings all shortcuts related to Siri. Mine is not working. An Apple Tech had me RESET ALL SETTINGS, it did fix the SETTINGS SEARCH BOX dilemma but 36 hours later still putting all my settings back. So I did a wipe and previous backup from before I RESET ALL SETTINGS, problem is back, here’s my question; is there anything I can do/try before last resort of RESET ALL SETTINGS?

User uploaded file

Posted on Jan 28, 2018 10:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2018 5:05 PM

Ok so I have NO CLUE what happened but it’s working now. I have been messing with some settings BUT none that I’m aware of that would have anything to do with the SEARCH function in SETTINGS? I guess “don’t look a gift horse in the mouth” right? User uploaded file

4 replies

Jan 28, 2018 10:41 AM in response to BigBill23

Sometimes a forced restart of your device can help. Have you already tried it?

• On an iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.
  • On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
  • On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

Regards

Giulio

SETTINGS search box not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.