Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Battery Percentage Is Incorrect

For some reason, the battery percentage on my Apple Watch Series 1 sometimes displays incorrectly. Earlier, the battery percentage showed 0%, I plugged it in, and it went up to 51%, which is the actual battery percentage. Sometimes, my Apple Watch shows a lower number than it actually has, and when I put it in the charger, it jumps to the actual battery percentage. Why does this happen sometimes?

Posted on Jan 28, 2018 8:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2018 3:22 AM

Hi

Whilst I can't say why that is happening, your Apple Watch may require battery service.

Before contacting Apple, the following steps may help:

If you have not yet done so, update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest compatible software versions, starting with your iPhone:

Install any available updates for apps on your iPhone.

Check that you are following Apple's charging instructions, including:

• Checking that your Apple Watch is connected to the charger, correctly aligned and touching it fully, and connected to power.
  • Using original Apple or MFi-certified charging accessories.
    • If you are already doing so, try using another such cable and/or power adapter.
  • Checking that all wrapping has been removed from all items, including checking carefully on the head of the charging cable.
  • Checking that the charging cable and power adapter are fully inserted into the port and power socket.
  • Check your battery and charge your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you are using Nightstand Mode / Bedside Mode, then, when placing your Apple Watch into that mode:

• Check that your Apple Watch is standing on its side in a fully upright position (at 90 degrees to the surface), with the buttons on top.
  • If you are using a third-party accessory such as a charging stand, then it may help to remove your Apple Watch from it and to instead place your Apple Watch directly on the table.
  • Check that you are placing your Apple Watch on a surface that is still and free from vibrations, whether from something that it is standing on or from something nearby (such as fan).
  • Use Nightstand mode on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

• Restart both your iPhone and your Apple Watch, turning both off together and then restarting your iPhone first:

Unpair and re-pair your Apple Watch:

Having tried the previous steps, if the issue persists then I suggest contacting Apple Support (remote diagnostics and/or mail-in service may be available, if required), making a Genius Bar reservation or visiting an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance:

3 replies
    Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2018 3:22 AM in response to SuperMario127

Hi

Whilst I can't say why that is happening, your Apple Watch may require battery service.

Before contacting Apple, the following steps may help:

If you have not yet done so, update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest compatible software versions, starting with your iPhone:

Install any available updates for apps on your iPhone.

Check that you are following Apple's charging instructions, including:

• Checking that your Apple Watch is connected to the charger, correctly aligned and touching it fully, and connected to power.
    • Using original Apple or MFi-certified charging accessories.
      • If you are already doing so, try using another such cable and/or power adapter.
    • Checking that all wrapping has been removed from all items, including checking carefully on the head of the charging cable.
    • Checking that the charging cable and power adapter are fully inserted into the port and power socket.
    • Check your battery and charge your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you are using Nightstand Mode / Bedside Mode, then, when placing your Apple Watch into that mode:

• Check that your Apple Watch is standing on its side in a fully upright position (at 90 degrees to the surface), with the buttons on top.
    • If you are using a third-party accessory such as a charging stand, then it may help to remove your Apple Watch from it and to instead place your Apple Watch directly on the table.
  • Check that you are placing your Apple Watch on a surface that is still and free from vibrations, whether from something that it is standing on or from something nearby (such as fan).
  • Use Nightstand mode on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

• Restart both your iPhone and your Apple Watch, turning both off together and then restarting your iPhone first:

Unpair and re-pair your Apple Watch:

Having tried the previous steps, if the issue persists then I suggest contacting Apple Support (remote diagnostics and/or mail-in service may be available, if required), making a Genius Bar reservation or visiting an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance:

Apple Watch Battery Percentage Is Incorrect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
    A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.