Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod touch 6th gen battery life

I bought an iPod touch 6th gen yesterday and have been using it fairly regularly for checking social media, emails, taking the occasional photo etc. I have noticed that the battery life has been less than pleasing; with 2 hours of screen on time at 24%. I have contacted Apple Support and they ran a diagnostics test which came back fine, but I'm still concerned. One other thing I should also mention is that I do have Wifi and Bluetooth turned on constantly (bluetooth for handoff). User uploaded file

iPod touch, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Jan 30, 2018 5:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2018 5:10 PM

It’s just how ipod batteries are. To be fair, even back to the 4th gen ipods their batteries didn’t last that great.

I have a charger at work and carry a portable battery charger.

I do notice that games to take an effect on the battery. If I do nothing but email then it lasts much longer than if I play a game

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2018 5:10 PM in response to ldale7

It’s just how ipod batteries are. To be fair, even back to the 4th gen ipods their batteries didn’t last that great.

I have a charger at work and carry a portable battery charger.

I do notice that games to take an effect on the battery. If I do nothing but email then it lasts much longer than if I play a game

Jan 30, 2018 7:08 PM in response to ldale7

Again, I have the opposite battery performance with my 64 GBs iPod Touch 6th gen.

I use a smartwatch connected to my iPod Touch 6 and Wifi and Bluetooth are always on.

I get between 10-12 hours of constant use and if I just leave my iPod just working behind the scenes with just my smart watch, I get between 16-20 of battery life on a charge.

Things to check for.

Make sure screen brightness is lowered to a brightness you can tolerate.

In Settings app, General settings panel, turn OFF Background App Refresh.

Also, in general, if you want a faster IDevice, on all of my iDevices, I turn off most of the iOS motion graphics eye candy, by simply turning ON Reduce Motion in Settings app, General, Accessibilty settings.

Make sure you aren't running scads and scads of background apps in the iOS 11 Control Panel/App Switcher.

If you are, you need to quit the bulk of these background running apps by tap and hold a finger on an app window in the switcher and slide your finger upwards to quit an app. You should be able to use more than one finger to quit more than one app window simultaneously.

Also, make sure you don’t have scads and scads of active website tabs running in the web browser.

If you do, greatly reduce the amount of active website tabs your web browser.

Good Luck to You!

iPod touch 6th gen battery life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.