Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bootcamp not letting me resize partition

Hi,

I have a mac mini, (Mac mini (Late 2012)) and I am trying to install windows on it. I have high sierra installed and when I run Bootcamp I cannot resize the partition. I want to split it 50/50 but it first comes up with -8GB. If I click on the windows partition it jumps to 48GB but if I hit divide equally it goes back to -8gb. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

User uploaded file

Mac mini, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Jan 31, 2018 12:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2018 11:59 AM

Much better. Connect your USB2 installer, reboot the 2012 Mini, and hold Alt/Option key and select the Windows icon from the USB. It should start the legacy Windows installer. Select the GPT4/MBR4 partition and try to install Windows. If you see any errors, please post the exact error message or a screen shot, if possible.

Similar questions

29 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2018 11:59 AM in response to SnifferDog

Much better. Connect your USB2 installer, reboot the 2012 Mini, and hold Alt/Option key and select the Windows icon from the USB. It should start the legacy Windows installer. Select the GPT4/MBR4 partition and try to install Windows. If you see any errors, please post the exact error message or a screen shot, if possible.

bootcamp not letting me resize partition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.