Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove Keynote Color Swatches

I am using Keynote 7.3.1

I have dragged various swatches into the little grid at the bottom of the color window, as you can see below.

I CANNOT for the life of me figure out how to remove those swatches. I have researched and watched videos, all telling me to either change them to white, or drag and drop a "blank" swatch to them. None of these solutions work.

Come on Apple, tell me you've thought through this. How do I remove all of these swatches??

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Jan 31, 2018 12:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2018 12:48 PM

This has been bothering me since two updates ago, but I FINALLY found a solution!!

Drag the unwanted swatch into the desktop trashcan.

Can you believe it's so easy?? I am kicking myself that I didn't think of trying this months ago. I hope it works for you!!!

Similar questions

7 replies

Jan 31, 2018 11:17 PM in response to Shaina_Apple

Sorry - I'm NOT Apple just someone who uses iWork apps on my mac. If you want to talk to Apple send them feedback - the address for Pages is Feedback - Pages - Apple

I find the easiest way to remove a colour from the colour well is:

•. Click on one of the empty spaces (e.g. to the Right of the yellow you have selected)

• This results in the larger sample (to the left of the eye dropper tool) taking on no colour

• Click-and-drag the larger sample onto any of the coloured areas in the colour well

Remove Keynote Color Swatches

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.