Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac Pro - is anyone *not* experiencing "Bridge OS" kernel panics/restarts?

There's at least 2 threads on here now regarding kernel panics/restarts iMac Pro users are having, where the logs indicate that Bridge OS is the cause.

"iMac Pro" kernel crash "iMac Pro" kernel crash

iMac Pro restarting because of a problem? iMac Pro restarting because of a problem?

Just wondering - are there any iMac Pro users out there who are *not* experiencing these kernel panics whatsoever thus far?

Posted on Jan 31, 2018 4:03 PM

Similar questions

6 replies

Jan 31, 2018 4:19 PM in response to mustgroove

I have the iMac pro. When I first got it I did have two but none since. What did I change? I do lots of clean installs and frequently. So I made it a point when erasing my SSD to install High Sierra onto I would do Disk Utility First Aid. That one counter measure fixed lots of other problems I was having which was bumming me out. now totally under control.

Jan 31, 2018 7:31 PM in response to mustgroove

I sometimes wonder if these odd crashes are related to factory os installs ...I would guess they must have a method of quick os installs and maybe some bits mess up.....I was scared it was my hardware but the apple diagnostic showed it was fine....first 2 weeks had constant random crashes then it was great for almost 12 days until yesterday after waking it up.... shortly after it crashed and restarted with no panic log...but I did notice a wifi crash report....but so far since no problems...it must be software related (I hope)

Feb 1, 2018 8:59 AM in response to MFASM

It's not that - the 1st thing I did with my iMac Pro when I got it was to boot into Recovery Mode, reformat and install the OS fresh. I don't want Garageband or Numbers or any of those pre-installed apps, I just want the bare minimum as a starting point.

Then later, once the kernel panics started, Apple Support's 1st step was to reinstall the OS (over the top of the existing OS, so no user data would be lost) from Recovery Mode. The kernel panics still persisted, and in fact I got one halfway through the reinstall - when it was finished reinstalling and booted back into the OS, the 1st thing that popped up on the screen was "Your Mac had to restart because of an error".

iMac Pro - is anyone *not* experiencing "Bridge OS" kernel panics/restarts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.