Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I reload any IOS Snow Leopard CD to my Early 2006 MacBook Pro

I had my IOS Snow Leopard reloaded at a Apple Store last December. I want to sell the laptop. I noticed somehow I had a folder with my name on it when I was making a last check. I tried to get rid of the folder in accounts. I thought by removing my name on the folder and leaving the password blank everything would be ok. But, when I did that I have not been able to unlock the administrator privileges since. So, I want to wipe out the hard drive and reload the IOS again. I have 2 Snow Leopard IOS CDs 10.6.3. Neither came with the computer. Can I use one of these CDs to reload the IOS? The IOS that is on my computer now is 10.6.8

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), null

Posted on Feb 1, 2018 7:06 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 1, 2018 10:17 AM in response to anonyme4321

This worked, except I still have my name on an account folder. I noticed the directions given were for a new drive or an erased drive. My drive is not erased yet, I have nothing I want on the drive, since the IOS was reloaded this past December. How do I go about erasing my drive. My IOS is 10.6.3, I have an Early 2006 MacBook Pro.

Can I reload any IOS Snow Leopard CD to my Early 2006 MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.