Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installing snow leopard on an early 2011 MacBook Pro 13"

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4717307?answerId=20949526022#20949526022

Does anyone know if Joe Felice was successful regarding the method in the above thread? Do you know how I can contact Joe? Of course I can't choose "Reply"...

I bought an early 2011 MacBook Pro 13" from my gf, who is the original owner and only owner. We can't find the original install OS X discs that shipped with it. They were probably tossed in a fateful cleaning purge.

We signed her out and deauthorized iCloud/iTunes and followed all the "prepare your mac for sale" steps. I wiped it. I want to revert it back to the original state with the original 10.6.6 or .7 Snow Leopard OS X. We upgraded the OS X to El Capitan in 2017. I think we made a Time Machine back up to an external HD beforehand, but it's in her possession and I keep getting "oh hold on, gotta look for where I put that HD..."

I called Apple Care requesting to buy a copy of 10.6.6 or 10.6.7 Install DVD(s), and the lady was like homeboy say what, I never heard of such a proposterous yet totally reasonable solution that we used to do!

I also have a late 2007 iMac with 10.6.8 Snow Leopard OS X on a partition. I have the 10.6 Snow Leopard OS X retail disc. I downloaded many ~10.6.7 installers from Apple support (see attached screen shot).

What can I do? Should I call Apple Care again and try harder for those install discs? Can I try a mildly convoluted method using the resources in my possession? 10 years ain't all that ancient, and this shouldn't be so hard - I don't care the logic. I have expensive music production sound cards and software versions that took me forever to learn and only work with Snow Leopard OS X.

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 11:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 3:30 AM

Thank you very much. Despite the odds and one unexpected hardship after another, I actually accomplished my goal. I hope to Reply w/ more detail soon, but in summary I followed the steps listed in my original post above, however, I Google searched something like "mac os x 10.6." and then downloaded 4 or 5 related .dmg installer or updater files from Apple's support site. One of these downloads ran successfully after the iMac to MacBook Pro target disk mode FireWire 10.6.3 retail disc disk install sans boot.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2021 3:30 AM in response to HWTech

Thank you very much. Despite the odds and one unexpected hardship after another, I actually accomplished my goal. I hope to Reply w/ more detail soon, but in summary I followed the steps listed in my original post above, however, I Google searched something like "mac os x 10.6." and then downloaded 4 or 5 related .dmg installer or updater files from Apple's support site. One of these downloads ran successfully after the iMac to MacBook Pro target disk mode FireWire 10.6.3 retail disc disk install sans boot.

Installing snow leopard on an early 2011 MacBook Pro 13"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.