Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to log in to iCloud on iPhone 3GS

I have an old iPhone 3GS, with iOS 6.1.6 installed. At some point months ago it was wiped but I don’t remember the process. I’ve just set it up as a new device, but can’t sign in to iCloud with it. It is connected to WiFi but has no SIM. If I enter my iCloud username and password on the 3GS it is recognised and I get the prompt on my newer iPhone to authorise or reject the 3GS. I accept it and get the 6 digit code on my newer iPhone but there is nowhere to type this code on the 3GS. I can’t work out where I’m going wrong, any help is appreciated!

iPhone 3GS, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Feb 2, 2018 2:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2018 3:34 PM

Hello Melissa Holmes,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities about signing in to iCloud. Since this is an older iOS version, you should enter in the 6 digit code immediately after the password. This article has the info: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

What if I use two-factor authentication on a device running older software?

If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions, you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in. Get your verification codefrom a trusted device running iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, or have it sent to your trusted phone number. Then type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field.

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2018 3:34 PM in response to chocfruit

Hello Melissa Holmes,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities about signing in to iCloud. Since this is an older iOS version, you should enter in the 6 digit code immediately after the password. This article has the info: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

What if I use two-factor authentication on a device running older software?

If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions, you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in. Get your verification codefrom a trusted device running iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, or have it sent to your trusted phone number. Then type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field.

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Unable to log in to iCloud on iPhone 3GS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.