Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot log into iCloud

I still own an iPhone 4 which i left aside but I will get a new phone no (SIM card) and want to re-activate it.

The issue is that it asks me for my iCloud password every few minutes and when I enter it, it returns a wrong password message. And I know it’s the right one because it works ok on my iPhone 6s. I have only one account and both phones are registered.

Of course the iPhone 4 is under iOS 7.1.2 while the 6 is under 12.2

Would someone know why I have this problem and how I can get rid of it?

Thx in advance.

Posted on May 8, 2019 3:41 PM

6 replies

May 22, 2019 8:25 AM in response to Shamper

Hi Shamper and Eric, thanks for your responses.

I tried to wipe out the iPhone 4 which took quite a lot of effort (I can't use Apple configurator 2 on my 2009 MacBook Pro because it runs on 10.11.6 El Capitan, not suitable for the configurator). I succeeded after several trials to force a re-init (not sure it was the proper one because the screen did not show as on the instructions). I went for the "naked" version i.e. without my installed apps.

It reloaded (it included my complete address book). However, it does not accept my Apple pwd :

• when going to the AppStore, it requests a validation code for Apple id.
  • On my iPhone6S I receive a request of authorization for a new device.
  • I accept and receive a 6-digit code.
  • I go to the iPh4, enter my Apple id pwd but it is rejected (I even tried to concatenate pt pwd and the 6-digit code) and I'm back in the loop (request to authorize…) I never see a panel where I can enter the 6-digit code.
  • Other than that, the iPh4 connects OK to the Internet (via WiFi). Not to the AppStore of course but that's because of the pwd issue.

Is there anything else I can try ?

Thanks for any help.

May 22, 2019 10:35 AM in response to Eric Root

I first tried the pwd alone. As it did not work (and as it seemed to be instructed) I then entered the pwd immediately followed by the 6-digit code (that's what I meant by "concatenating both pwds). It did not work but I just tried again. I must have made a typo before because it worked this time. I confirmed by downloading successfully a couple of apps.

So thanks to the community and especially to Eric.

Cannot log into iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.