Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

9.7" iPad Pro BT Keyboard (ALL OF THEM) connectivity issue

Hi Apple-ites,

iPad Pro 9.7, iOS 11.2.5

Had a Logitech softkey bluetooth keyboard that worked reasonably well (despite the hated texture) for my purposes (grading, teaching, etc...). After the November 16, 2017 11.1.2 update I began having connectivity issues with the keyboard.

Turn it on, it would connect, but keystrokes would not register on ipad. Did all the steps (turn off BT, turn it back on; forget the device, re-pair it; reboot ipad and repeat all steps above; make sure keyboard fully charged, then repeat all above). I let it go, thinking an update would fix it.

Nope.

Did all subsequent updates, each time hoping for a fix. Began to think it was a hardware issue. Pulled unused Apple Smartkey keyboard out and tried that. Same issue. Would connect, would work, then would not. It's never shown in the BT connections window, so I couldn't un pair and then re pair.

Did the InterYaGoogly search to discover that Apple extended their warranty on the original Smartkey boards, so went to Apple Tuesday and got a new one. Worked for half a day. Now we're back to the original issue, though now I have nothing to pair/re pair/forget, etc.

Super frustrating.

Anyone else have this and find a fix? I've searched the forums, the Webz, the skies. I'm stumped (and irritated).

Thanks,

Polly

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi, iOS 11.2.5, null

Posted on Feb 2, 2018 12:43 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Feb 6, 2018 12:25 PM in response to Pollyr

Here'’s something I have been recommending users do.

There Is STILL a bug in iOS 11 with regards to turning ON/OFF Bluetooth and/or WiFi using the iOS 11 Control Panel.

This bug/glitch seems to still occur and as far as I can tell, this bug is still present in the very recent iOS 11 update.

So instead of using the iOS Control panel to turn these settings on/off, try going into the Settings App and turning WiFi and Bluetooth ON/OFF there using the slide switches in the Settings app as using the iOS Control panel to turn these two things ON/OFF is STILL unreliable, at best.

There is no way to absolutely confirm that Bluetooth OR WiFi is actually ON/OFF when using the Control Panel buttons as the buttons still give you the same visual clues all over the iPad.

Use the Settings app for Wifi and Bluetooth for the time being.

Good Luck to You!

9.7" iPad Pro BT Keyboard (ALL OF THEM) connectivity issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.