Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple bluetooth keyboards have problem with same key

I have a first gen iPad Pro, and have used a Logitech keyboard case for it for years. Just a few weeks ago the apostrophe key stopped working, so I ordered a new Logitech keyboard case. I used it successfully for a few days, but now the same key has stopped working! In some applications I can still get quotation marks with the shift key, but the apostrophe does not work anywhere. However it DOES work when I use the on screen keyboard.

Could this be a problem with the iPad, since it has followed me from one keyboard to another? How would I go about troubleshooting? iPad software is up to date, running iPadOS 13.4.1, and otherwise I have had no problems with the magnetic connector on either of the keyboards.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 4:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 7:32 PM

Does anything happen when you tap on that key? There are two places where you can make some minor adjustments with keys on Bluetooth keyboards. See Settings>General>Keyboard>Hardware Keyboard. Another is Settings>Accessibility>TouchAssistive Touch>Mouse Keys. That should show something if you have a Bluetooth keyboard attached.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2020 7:32 PM in response to a-big-apple

Does anything happen when you tap on that key? There are two places where you can make some minor adjustments with keys on Bluetooth keyboards. See Settings>General>Keyboard>Hardware Keyboard. Another is Settings>Accessibility>TouchAssistive Touch>Mouse Keys. That should show something if you have a Bluetooth keyboard attached.

May 15, 2020 7:32 AM in response to a-big-apple

I have had the same problem for the a couple of weeks now. I found a post about changing the keyboard to English UK. I deleted my English US and added the English UK. After changing the keyboard settings, I did slide the Bluetooth off and back on, but I only did that because the other post suggested it. Yay! I can type words with apostrophes again and the “&” key is working.

Multiple bluetooth keyboards have problem with same key

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.