Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro won't update to High Sierra.

After research and checking, including here in this forum, I decided to update to High Sierra but my (oldish) MacBook Pro doesn't seem to agree. I have been through the motions twice and everything seems to happen normally but this is what I end up with: macOS Sierra Version 10.12.6

If I understand things correctly, this is not even High Sierra, let alone the latest version.

Here are are my Mac's official details: MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011)

Any explanations please?

iOS 11.0.3

Posted on Feb 2, 2018 2:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2018 2:34 PM

10.12.6 is macOS Sierra. Make sure you've gone to the App Store and find macOS High Sierra. Download it and then if it doesn't automatically start when it's done downloading, you can find it in your Applications folder.

2 replies

Feb 2, 2018 2:42 PM in response to Union

Your Mac doesn’t download updates automatically. Based on your post, you are running macOS Sierra, one version below High Sierra. To download High Sierra, simply go to the App Store and check the sidebar on the right. If it cannot be found there, you can always search for it.

A word of warning, I currently have a late 2011 MacBook Pro running High Sierra and it does not run very well so you should make sure your Mac is running at its best before upgrading. This may include upgrades to your RAM and hard drive, but this is unnecessary if your Mac is running well.

Hope this helped :)

EDIT: Re-read your post, you said you went through the motions. Does that mean you ran the installer and it just didn’t install the newest version?

MacBook Pro won't update to High Sierra.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.