Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery problems

I have an iPod Touch and I can’t find the battery percentage on the settings .In the left the battery does not changes colors to understand it’s percentage.What can I do ? If anyone knows something please help me

iPod touch, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Feb 3, 2018 1:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2018 3:10 AM

Vera123vg wrote:

I have an iPod Touch and I can’t find the battery percentage on the settings .

That's because there is no battery percentage setting.

Vera123vg wrote:

In the left the battery does not changes colors to understand it’s percentage.What can I do ? If anyone knows something please help me

Most of the battery colours are simply cosmetic, they serve no purpose except to impress you. (Actually, some colours provide useful contrast with the background the icon is sitting on, but that's all.) The exception is when the battery turns red. A red battery means that the battery has less than 20% remaining. And what that means is that you will soon need to put the battery on charge.

All you need to know therefore is - if the battery icon is:

• full. The battery is fully charged
  • not full. The battery is less than fully charged
  • half full. The battery is (very roughly) half full
  • mainly empty. The battery is less than half full
  • red. The battery has less than 20% remaining. Think about whether you will need to put it on charge soon.

That's all there is to know.

More importantly is what to do about any time that the battery is less than full. It depends upon your circumstances, but the short answer to that is to carry a power bank with you in case you're not near to a fixed supply. After all, what will a percentage figure tell you that the above does not?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2018 3:10 AM in response to Vera123vg

Vera123vg wrote:

I have an iPod Touch and I can’t find the battery percentage on the settings .

That's because there is no battery percentage setting.

Vera123vg wrote:

In the left the battery does not changes colors to understand it’s percentage.What can I do ? If anyone knows something please help me

Most of the battery colours are simply cosmetic, they serve no purpose except to impress you. (Actually, some colours provide useful contrast with the background the icon is sitting on, but that's all.) The exception is when the battery turns red. A red battery means that the battery has less than 20% remaining. And what that means is that you will soon need to put the battery on charge.

All you need to know therefore is - if the battery icon is:

• full. The battery is fully charged
  • not full. The battery is less than fully charged
  • half full. The battery is (very roughly) half full
  • mainly empty. The battery is less than half full
  • red. The battery has less than 20% remaining. Think about whether you will need to put it on charge soon.

That's all there is to know.

More importantly is what to do about any time that the battery is less than full. It depends upon your circumstances, but the short answer to that is to carry a power bank with you in case you're not near to a fixed supply. After all, what will a percentage figure tell you that the above does not?

Feb 4, 2018 8:36 AM in response to bobjbkln

Hey, this is a fun game.

• Black: I'm in the Music App, but not on the Now Playing screen, & iPod is not connected to a power source. (Note that when you are on the Now Playing screen, the battery icon is white)
  • No battery icon: (who saw that one coming?) I'm in the Bebot App, which is full screen and therefore the battery icon is not shown

Battery problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.