Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Watch ‘workouts’ app has disappeared from my watch! How do I reinstall it?

My ‘workouts‘ app has disappeared from my watch! Does anyone know how to reinstall it?

Apple Watch Series 2

Posted on Feb 3, 2018 6:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2018 6:24 AM

Hi

It is not possible to remove the Workout app from Apple Watch.

Delete built-in Apple apps on your iOS 11 device or Apple Watch - Apple Support

The following steps may help:

Check that you are following the instructions here to open apps, including via complications added to supported watch faces, by using Siri, by using the Dock and/or by visiting the Home screen:

If you have not yet done so, update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest software, starting with your iPhone:

Restart both your iPhone and your Apple Watch, turning both devices off together, then restarting your iPhone first:

Unpair and re-pair your Apple Watch:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2018 6:24 AM in response to Ronniesweehen

Hi

It is not possible to remove the Workout app from Apple Watch.

Delete built-in Apple apps on your iOS 11 device or Apple Watch - Apple Support

The following steps may help:

Check that you are following the instructions here to open apps, including via complications added to supported watch faces, by using Siri, by using the Dock and/or by visiting the Home screen:

If you have not yet done so, update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest software, starting with your iPhone:

Restart both your iPhone and your Apple Watch, turning both devices off together, then restarting your iPhone first:

Unpair and re-pair your Apple Watch:

My Apple Watch ‘workouts’ app has disappeared from my watch! How do I reinstall it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.