Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help removing Adchoices Adware

My safari and google chrome browser have been infected with Adchoice adware on my mid-2010 Macbook Pro. How can I remove the adware without purchasing any software? If I must, then which software I should consider purchasing?

Thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on Feb 3, 2018 1:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2018 1:02 PM

Force Quit Safari ( command + option + esc keys).Then restart Safari holding the Shift key. If you still have problems Empty Caches (Safari menu > Preferences > Privacy > Remove all website data. (This will also remove history if you do not want to remove History open Safari Preferences > Advanced and check mark “Show Develop Menu” then choose “Empty Caches” from Develop Menu ) If the problem persists download and run MalwareBytes. Malwarebytes was developed by one of our own colleagues here in ASC. It gets rave reviews and is about the most proven anti-malware software for Mac. There is a free version.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2018 1:02 PM in response to 007Bond007

Force Quit Safari ( command + option + esc keys).Then restart Safari holding the Shift key. If you still have problems Empty Caches (Safari menu > Preferences > Privacy > Remove all website data. (This will also remove history if you do not want to remove History open Safari Preferences > Advanced and check mark “Show Develop Menu” then choose “Empty Caches” from Develop Menu ) If the problem persists download and run MalwareBytes. Malwarebytes was developed by one of our own colleagues here in ASC. It gets rave reviews and is about the most proven anti-malware software for Mac. There is a free version.

Need help removing Adchoices Adware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.