Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

touchscreen quit working after ios 11.2.5 update

The touchscreen on my iPhone 6 quit working immediately after iOS update 11.2.5 (15D60). This phone has its original screen and is not cracked.

Posted on Feb 4, 2018 4:33 AM

29 replies

Feb 10, 2018 10:24 AM in response to davidfromowo

Exactly same issue here.

After IOS 11.2.5 update my Iphone 6 touchscreen stopped responding. It can be 10-12 hours in a day frozen, then all of the sudden it starts to work and is like nothing was happening. Extremely annoying.

At the moment I could not answer to calls, because I can't swipe green answer icon to the right.

I tried hard booting, taking it as a new phone to use, nothing helps. My battery is brand new, changed in December 2017. I would like to downgrade the software to former, it's not possible.

This is my worst experience with Iphone. I wait for 11.3 but if that does not resolve my issue I'm not sure I'm staying in Apple's leaque anymore.

Feb 11, 2018 2:19 AM in response to davidfromowo

Same issue here with iPhone SE after update to 11.2.5. Touchscreen does not work for hours. Sometimes the screen becomes responsive for a few seconds straight after unlocking the phone - but then it stops working again. Earlier today it even worked for an hour, but then stopped working for the rest of the day. Hard reset or restore via iTunes did not resolve the issue - presumably due to the issue being caused by 11.2.5 and I not able to downgrade.

Feb 12, 2018 8:30 AM in response to davidfromowo

Tried today to activate Siri. I've disabled it because I thought it would slow my Iphone 6 even further.

Siri works fine even though my screen is not responding to touch. So I think my phones processor is not working 100% all the time and problem with this screen is due to bugs in IOS 11.2.5

With Siri I can make calls and send messages even though touchscreen is unresponsive. Home and side buttons work normally all the time.

Feb 21, 2018 12:22 PM in response to petia204

I installed this 11.3 beta (2nd version). Did not solve my problem. Touchscreen is frozen almost all day, then all of sudden it starts to work perfectly, this good moment can last 1-60 minutes and then same freezing begins.

11.3. beta said my battery health is excellent, and processor is not slowed down.

I think this is partly due to system memory wich is 1GB in Iphone 6 and 2 GB in Iphone 6s and 7 and 8 (and SE). My wifes SE works perfectly with 11.2.5. in it.

Feb 22, 2018 9:44 AM in response to davidfromowo

I have the same issue after upgrading to iOS 11 and onward. The phone 6 plus has its original screen and is not cracked. I tried to upgrade all the version beyond 11 till 11.2.6 with a hope that the bug would be fixed. But it never happened, now I started having a blinking light bar on top edge of the screen every now and then and the screen freezes. So annoying that I cannot use my iPhone. I read this entire thread but did not find any solution to this. Is apple listening to us on this? Or is it a cheap scam to force us to upgrade to newer iPhones?

Feb 22, 2018 10:33 AM in response to anisurfromhouston

I have not heard any solution from Apple. My Iphone 6 Plus has the original screen and has never had any repairs. It worked fine up until the 11.2.5 update. The touchscreen is now sporadic -- some days it will work, some days it won't. Sometimes a reboot helps, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes the screen will work for a few hours, then stop for several hours. It's very frustratring and especially when so many others have the same problem but Apple isn't saying anything.

Feb 22, 2018 10:36 AM in response to anisurfromhouston

I think they are forcing us to buy new phones. I was thinking to go with an android phone, so disappointed of them. My husband got the x iphone, so i got his old iphone 7. I cant use my old 6s and I've lost all the info on it. When i tried to back it up before the upgrade it asked me to respond on it's screen, but that was impossible because the screen is not working. It's so wrong the way they are doing this. Very unhappy! I've been using iphone since 2007.

Feb 24, 2018 8:42 PM in response to davidfromowo

I made a factory reset to my Iphone 6. Software is 11.3. beta 3rd version. Phone seemed to work fine for two days without SIM (I only put it in to activate it for short time), no freezing, good function, fast response. Phone has no apps in it expect those wich come from Apple when taking a new phone in use.

Today I put SIM second time in trying to make a call. Immediately same freezing begins. Touchscreen started to make random activation = Screen is frozen or phone opens applications in random order. If you open phone app/messages, it presses numbers/letters/emojis few secondns in random order.

Clearly this problem is not due to 3rd party applications but Apple's own software. Please listen to us Apple. 😠 I'm not happy to buy +500 euro phone wich is so vulnerable to updates.

touchscreen quit working after ios 11.2.5 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.