Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages won’t display my documents. How do I fix this?

Every time I go to click on the app, it opens up and flashes between a white screen and a screen that dispays my documents. Eventually, the white screen ‘wins’ and I’m left with a notice saying ‘Something went wrong while displaying documents. Try Again.’

I’ve clicked ‘Try Again’ many times and it just goes through the same process all over again. I’ve tried deleting the app, restarting my iPad, you name it. I have a lot of really valuable documents on there that I’ve tried uploading to the cloud, but I don’t even know if that worked. I just don’t want to lose my documents and I want pages to be fixed. Any help would really be appreciated.

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.5, Home button doesn’t work

Posted on Feb 4, 2018 1:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2018 8:29 AM

Hi. I have the same problem, on advice from Apple support I completely restored my IPad using itunes and a computer. Only to find I still have the same problem, exactly as you described it. I don’t know where to go now 🙁. Have you managed to resolve your problem?

7 replies

Mar 10, 2018 1:38 AM in response to Allouka02

Ok. I resolved it (I think). It appeared as if there was a corrupt file which was stuck in a loop. I basically kept my finger pressed on the pages icon and waited for the ‘recent’ documents to open on the home screen. Then I pressed on each of the documents. One of them was corrupt and when I pressed on it, it seemed to complete the process. I can now open up pages!!User uploaded file

Feb 26, 2018 1:30 AM in response to dipfromlondon

Hi, I reset my iPad using iTunes on a pc, as requested by Apple Support. This didn’t cure the problem. I managed to cure it in the end by taking the drastic option of deleting all my pages files. It now works okay. I think the problem was caused by a file that got corrupted and that pages got stuck in some sort of loop while trying to open it. To be truthful I am a little disappointed with my iPad Pro as I thought it was going to be a rock solid reliable device 🙁. However I am not an expert and please take advice before deleting any files.

Mar 15, 2018 9:07 AM in response to Allouka02

I was able to fix this problem by using the file browser. I browsed to the location of the pages files in the Pages subfolder. I selected and moved all files to the iCloud folder (up one level). I was able to open Pages at this point. Once I did this, I moved the files back to the Pages sub-folder and found no problem opening any of the pages files.

Pages won’t display my documents. How do I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.