Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I too get Safari can't verify message and does anyone know what to do about it?

When I use Safari, recently I have been getting warnings ("Safari can't verify" ... followed by a website, sometimes a strange website that I do not recognize but sometimes a familiar website, including a local dept. store or a site on a help page for my internet carrier). This doesn't occur with all searches, just some. I re-set Safari but that did not help and I tried some other things too. Has anyone found a way to solve the problem? I have a MacBook OS X 10.9.5 and otherwise it works well. I am now doing a workaround but it's rather clunky and not an ideal solution. Please help. Thanks so much.

MacBook, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), Safari issu

Posted on Feb 4, 2018 7:28 PM

7 replies

Feb 4, 2018 9:04 PM in response to editorinneed

Some users who have macOS Mavericks 10.9.5 installed on their Macs have this problem with the

stags.bluekai.co- website.

At present there is no solution available.

Can you please tell us about the workaround you are doing?

May be we can refine the workaround a bit.

What happens if you quit Safari and relaunch Safari holding the shift key down?

The best solution is to upgrade the macOS to the latest.

I realize it may not be possible always.

Anyway please let us know the workaround you are doing.

Do you have Java installed?

Best.

Feb 12, 2018 6:45 AM in response to editorinneed

This is actually not a malware or adware issue. This problem is, unfortunately, normal with Mac OS X 10.9.

Recently, 10.9 systems began to have problems verifying certificates for certain sites. The bluekai.com sites, as well as the Oracle site (who owns bluekai.com), are among the affected sites.

I am not clear at this point what the cause of the problem is, but I have been able to confirm this behavior on a freshly-installed, clean 10.9 system.

Unfortunately, there are only two options available to you. One is to upgrade or downgrade your system. Mac OS X 10.10 and higher do not suffer from this problem, and strangely, for whatever reason, Mac OS X 10.8 is also not affected.

The other option is to stop using Safari and switch to Chrome or Firefox.

Feb 26, 2018 5:21 AM in response to editorinneed

I tried everything manually to get rid of Stag.bluekia (inc. cleared history,cookies,extensions etc etc) to no avail!

I also had a half hour session with an Apple tec. guy. who remotely took over my Mac, nil result!

Its worth noting that it only affected me when I went Safari - Google - Ebay

It also affected me when using other shopping sites i.e.. John Lewis

NOT affected when using for example Ebay via Google Chrome

In the end I downloaded AVAST which got rid of it straight away.

Feb 27, 2018 9:04 AM in response to onembh

Avast would only solve this problem because it performs what is, in essence, a man-in-the-middle attack against your computer. It is intercepting all your secure HTTP (https) communication, which is a considerable issue since it gives them access to every piece of information you may send to a website, including things like login credentials, credit card numbers, etc.

Worse, though, the last time I tested Avast, it was ignoring any certificate issues and passing you on to the site in question with no warnings, even if the site's certificate had been revoked. This is a very serious security issue, which has solved your problem in exactly the wrong way. Essentially, this is like hiring a doorman to keep your building secure, who then lets everyone into the building without question.

I too get Safari can't verify message and does anyone know what to do about it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.