Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Win 10 bootcamp install - no device drivers?

"No device drivers were found. Make sure the installation media contains the correct drivers and then click OK." I get this error every time I attempt to install Windows 10 with boot camp on my MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2013) with a "APPLE SSD SM0512F" installed.

I have followed all of the instructions I can find out there. I have pulled down the latest "Download Windows Support Software" in bootcamp, pointed to anything like "APPLESSD.SYS" in the folders it brings down, had to uncheck the check box in the Windows install dialog that was something like "hide incompatible", two drivers show up and tried either of them, and the red bars that show it trying something just flash a few times and then either nothing happens (can't choose next) or the "no drivers" message comes back.

I will try to take some pictures of the screen and post them.

MacBook Air, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), bootcamp v 6.1.0

Posted on Feb 5, 2018 9:58 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Feb 5, 2018 10:35 AM in response to Loner T

I am installing from a USB drive that the Win10 (pulled down last week from MSDN subscription) ISO was imaged to, and it is not corrupted as I have used the same for other installs. I believe the issue is not with the Win10 bits but with finding a driver that will recognize the Apple SSD.

I can try to re-image the ISO to the drive again, and if it is corrupted it will not succeed.

Win 10 bootcamp install - no device drivers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.