Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID account recovery

So,

Im quite confused here.

Been doing IT support for years and never had an issue resetting a forgotten Apple ID password.

This time however, I've hit a brick wall. A few days ago I noticed that my customer wasn't signed into his iCloud account on any of his 4 devices. I asked for his password and the ones we thought it was didn't work. After 2 or 3 failed attempts, I did the usual password recovery option. Strange this was, the primary mobile number associated with the account never received the verification code.

I think I then tried again which led to the account being locked. Well, it was easy to unlock the account because the verification code did come for that but then back to the same issue of not knowing the password. Was then greeted with the Account recover page where it asked for credit card details. Put those in and it said it would take 24 hours for account recovery to be possible.

Well. almost 5 days later, not a single email or sms from Apple. Yesterday I tried the forgot id page again and the same window saying that we need to begin the account recovery process.

What the heck is going on here? Been doing this stuff for years and honestly never got stuck like this before.

Posted on Feb 5, 2018 8:11 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 6, 2018 6:13 AM in response to marky000

Apple ID Support can check on the status for you. There is a contact link.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2)

Apple Support by e-mail or chat Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option. If you need to talk to them, ask them if they will do a Skype or FaceTime with you.

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.

Feb 6, 2018 3:39 AM in response to Eric Root

Ok,

So what is it I'm actually waiting for? A verification sent via SMS?

Also it was a bit concerning when I went back to the iForgot site to just be presented with the same screen saying we need to apply for the account recovery process. Why does it not say something like "this account is being recovered so please be patient" or whatever. It makes me fee like the recovery process hasn't started.

When i did check on it after 2 hours I saw a green progress bar that had reduced the expected wait time from 24 hours to 22 hours. But after that, I never saw that screen again.

Apple ID account recovery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.