Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot open videos in mails on iphone 7plus

When I receive a mail from i.e. a newspaper, sometime there is a video attached. However, I cannot open this video. The screen is black and some arrow is to be seen. I have an iPhone 7plus with the latest iOS 11.2.5.

Does anybody have an explanation to this?

BR

Halvor

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Feb 6, 2018 5:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2018 6:54 AM

Hello jørgenfromrødovre,

Thanks for getting back with us and providing answers to those questions.

Since you are still having the issue at your home, can you please try this at a different physical location to see if you get the same result? This will help isolate the network that you are on.

Kind Regards.
4 replies

Feb 11, 2018 7:43 AM in response to rose_10

Thank you for your efforts. I live in Denmark - a country which is at the same size as New York - at least populationwise. The main company as to internet, telephone and anything else in that respect is TDC. They cover 95% of Denmark meaning that wherever I go, they will be there. So your suggestion cannot be used. I have been looking at my set up. Maybe the McAfee or F-secure Freedome is the reason for the problem. I do not know. However, I do not intend to remove those security systems from my iPhone.

BR Jørgen

cannot open videos in mails on iphone 7plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.