Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri does not save my dictated notes.

When I ask Siri to write a note, she asks what would like the note to say. Then she types what I say and then says Notes will continue with your request. When I open Notes, nothing was saved.

I have tried everything I could find online as a suggestion.

I have an iPhone 7 with IOS 11.2.5. I have done the reset, turn Siri on and off.

Help please!

Posted on Feb 6, 2018 9:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2018 3:57 PM

Hello mcpc00,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that when creating a note using Siri, that you do not see the saved note in the Notes app. Make sure that the default account under Settings > Notes > Default Account, is set to iCloud. After creating the note, open the Notes app and make sure the Folder you are viewing is the iCloud notes folder. Open the Notes app, then tap the yellow back arrow in the upper left of the screen. It should take you to a page titled, Folders. The Folders page will list all the accounts using the Notes app.

The following article has some information about Notes you may find helpful:

Use Notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Best Regards.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2018 3:57 PM in response to mcpc00

Hello mcpc00,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that when creating a note using Siri, that you do not see the saved note in the Notes app. Make sure that the default account under Settings > Notes > Default Account, is set to iCloud. After creating the note, open the Notes app and make sure the Folder you are viewing is the iCloud notes folder. Open the Notes app, then tap the yellow back arrow in the upper left of the screen. It should take you to a page titled, Folders. The Folders page will list all the accounts using the Notes app.

The following article has some information about Notes you may find helpful:

Use Notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Best Regards.

Siri does not save my dictated notes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.