Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot sign in my Apple ID since there is an error: Maximum number of free accounts reached this device. How can I create a new account that is not free?

I cannot sign in my Apple ID since there is an error: Maximum number of free accounts reached this device. How can I create a new account that is not free?

iPhone 5s, iOS 11.0.2

Posted on Feb 7, 2018 8:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2018 11:06 AM

That's not an error. It's a message that is informing you that you have exceeded the maximum number of free iCloud accounts that you can have on any one device. I believe that the limit is three per device. If you set up other free iCloud accounts or if your phone is second hand and others set up free iCloud accounts on it, there is nothing that you can do about it on that phone. Apple limits it to each specific device. You can create another iCloud account on another iOS device or on a Mac and then use that account on the phone.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2018 11:06 AM in response to altuazon5119

That's not an error. It's a message that is informing you that you have exceeded the maximum number of free iCloud accounts that you can have on any one device. I believe that the limit is three per device. If you set up other free iCloud accounts or if your phone is second hand and others set up free iCloud accounts on it, there is nothing that you can do about it on that phone. Apple limits it to each specific device. You can create another iCloud account on another iOS device or on a Mac and then use that account on the phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.