Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my music library to icloud

My phone storage is full nearly 16 GB , my music is 8 GB. I pay for 50 GB but when I look on iCloud storage I am only using 1.2 GB but don’t know how to get my music library to iCloud to free up space on my phone

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.2.2

Posted on Feb 7, 2018 9:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2018 10:28 AM

There really is no good way to keep all your music available and save space on your iPhone at the same time. iCloud is a syncing feature and not simply offline storage. Apple solutions such as iCloud Music Library & Apple Music will not help you free up space on your iPhone (as far as Music goes):

Turn on iCloud Music Library - Apple Support

Access your music collection on all of your devices with Apple Music - Apple Support

If this is music you purchased from the iTunes Store, you can delete the songs you don't want right now and re-download them later:

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, and App Store - Apple Support

If you have a lot of photos, you can use iCloud Photo Library to free up some space on your iPhone. See the "Save space on your device" section in:

iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2018 10:28 AM in response to brianfrompaphos

There really is no good way to keep all your music available and save space on your iPhone at the same time. iCloud is a syncing feature and not simply offline storage. Apple solutions such as iCloud Music Library & Apple Music will not help you free up space on your iPhone (as far as Music goes):

Turn on iCloud Music Library - Apple Support

Access your music collection on all of your devices with Apple Music - Apple Support

If this is music you purchased from the iTunes Store, you can delete the songs you don't want right now and re-download them later:

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, and App Store - Apple Support

If you have a lot of photos, you can use iCloud Photo Library to free up some space on your iPhone. See the "Save space on your device" section in:

iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

How do I get my music library to icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.