Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

EXS24 not loading samples!

Imac with MacOS 10.13.3 (high sierra)

Logic X 10.4

I’m having exatly the same problem here. I’m experiencing difficulties loading samples into Logic’ EXS24.

And it goes randomly. Sometimes certain ’Sampler Instruments/Sample Library’ were loaded without any problem in one project but not in another project. It even may differs in new (empty) projects. I’ve searched on many fora for solutions but without satisfying results.

I think I tried everything I could find (see list below).

Before I updated to 10.4 I sometimes I had the same problem but then I could easily locate my samples even on locations where I had my EXS24 samples saved within another project. I’m not getting this option anymore. Now, a pop-up window appears saying Audio file XXX.wav not found! If I go to the EXS24 edit menu it even tells me the sapmle does not exist. Although all my samples are in the correct library without any missing (checked). This message keeps popping up. The ‘search again’ option does nothing at all. Like I said before. In one project the samples are loaded are in another they’re not.

Would ‘Diskwarrior’ be a solution?

Overview

This is where my alias folders are located.

Macintosh HD/Users/Myname/Music/Audio Music Apps/ ‘Sample Instruments’ (alias)

This is where my original folders are located

External HD/Logic Pro X/‘Sample Instruments and Sample Files’/Sample Library-Sampler Instruments

What I already tried

-I re-indexed my HD (sampler instruments and samples).

-From within EXS 24 all my Sampler instruments are there.

-deleting aliases and making new ones (without the word alias as folder name)

-EXS24 menu refreshed

-EXS24 preferences: search samples on all volumes.

-Disc Utility First Aid on Sample HD

Someone experiencing the same problem? Please let me know if you found a solution.

What’s the link to send my complaint to (Apple).

Posted on Feb 8, 2018 6:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2018 1:47 AM

Nah -- I donno all about that tool -- I think there was a note in the install readme about making sure it was an enabled service. I'd check there.

Other note worth mentioning -- make sure you're renaming the symbolic link to match the link you're making a symbol for -- just delete the "symbolic link" the tool appends to the filename.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2018 1:47 AM in response to Peter Velleman

Nah -- I donno all about that tool -- I think there was a note in the install readme about making sure it was an enabled service. I'd check there.

Other note worth mentioning -- make sure you're renaming the symbolic link to match the link you're making a symbol for -- just delete the "symbolic link" the tool appends to the filename.

Feb 12, 2018 1:15 AM in response to Peter Velleman

Looks like the "folder aliasing" broke at some point -- I found this video which solved it by creating "symbolic links" instead of "folder aliases".

Video recommends downloading a utility, which I'd say is helpful, but you can manually create symbolic links through the terminal using "ln -s source/ExternalHardDrive/file-or-folder target/Local/Logic/file-or-folder", if you want to avoid downloading the tool.

Feb 16, 2018 11:00 AM in response to gwestneat

hi,

thanks for the help. I downloaded Symboliclink. I created the symbolic links and there are working a lot better than the aliases. But now, after restarting my iMac the Symboliclink app has gone even though the links I have made are still there and working. Am I supposed to install the Symbolic link app each time I want to make links?

sinceraly,

Petr

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.