Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X, problem with Legacy sounds.

Hi. I bought a newest Macbook M1 Max and I have a problem with one thing In Logic. I downloaded all additional content packages, but I did not have a two folders in Legacy. There missing „Jam Pack Voices” and „Jam Pack WorldMusic. Instead of that I have in Legacy->GarageBand-> some m double folders like Bass, Stings and so on…Those are the folders from Jam Packs. It’s a little bit mess. How can I fix it, or create folders and put the sounds on the right place? I didn’t have this problem on my previous Mac computer.

Also: How can I DELETE some of the folders or presets?

Best regards, Kamil

Posted on Apr 30, 2022 3:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2022 6:00 AM

Hi Kamil, this looks like a glitch in the Sound Library. To be honest, Logic's SL has always been like this - a bit of a mess. No one knows exactly how it works and why it's been implemented this way and never improved.

Anyway, enough of my ranting. You could try to refresh the Library (click the icon in the upper-left corner of Logic's window):

Then click on the settings button and choose "Refresh Library":

Then quit Logic app (Command+Q), reboot the Mac, relaunch Logic again and open Library again.

If that doesn't help, open the Sound Library Manager and try to reinstall the whole thing (if it's feasible, of course).

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2022 6:00 AM in response to camillodrummer

Hi Kamil, this looks like a glitch in the Sound Library. To be honest, Logic's SL has always been like this - a bit of a mess. No one knows exactly how it works and why it's been implemented this way and never improved.

Anyway, enough of my ranting. You could try to refresh the Library (click the icon in the upper-left corner of Logic's window):

Then click on the settings button and choose "Refresh Library":

Then quit Logic app (Command+Q), reboot the Mac, relaunch Logic again and open Library again.

If that doesn't help, open the Sound Library Manager and try to reinstall the whole thing (if it's feasible, of course).

May 1, 2022 1:39 PM in response to camillodrummer

Sorry these measures didn't work. Perhaps, you could have a look at folder structure in this folder (that's where Logic's sound library content is supposed to be stored):

[system HD (normally, it's "Macintosh HD"]/Library/Application Support/Logic/

In addition, since instrument patches are actually stored within Logic's app bundle, you can also explore what's going on there: control / right-click on Logic Pro filename in /Applications folder, then choose "Show Package Contents" from the drop-down menu that opens.

In the folder that opens navigate to /Contents/Resources/Patches/Instruments folder. If there's double folders there, that's most likely what's causing this glitch.

May 1, 2022 3:06 PM in response to camillodrummer

Logic gets file location and listings from Spotlight.

You could try and reset Spotlight on your system drive.

I'm on an older OS (10.13.6) so can't guarantee Spotlight's settings are the same.

Go To: System Preferences/Spotlight..... select the Privacy tab, select + to add a Drive/Folder to the list.

When doing this I selected my system drive. When you ok this operation and reboot the computer, the spotlight cache is deleted. After rebooting the computer open the Spotlight prefs again, make sure all areas you want searched are selected under the 'Search Results" tab, then go to Privacy and remove the system drive from the "Do Not Search" list. And reboot once more, once booted Spotlight will rebuild it's search cache. to what is exactly on your drive. Will take a bit, leave it alone for a while.

Logic Pro X, problem with Legacy sounds.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.