Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can receive but not send email

Iphone 7+ updated to latest software.

All has been working fine for last 12 months but suddenly today i got an error message when trying to send email saying recipient was rejected by the server. I can receive emails but not send any. Was working fine up until mid morning then suddenly stopped, i changed nothing nor updated anything between it working and now not.

I have re-added my password in outgoing server

re-written user name

tried changing port

nothing worked so i deleted the mail account then re-added it

still the same ( just have 6500 unread emails!)

I have a virgin media email address but can send from laptop

I also have a hotmail address which also receives but can't send any mail on iphone.

I am truly stuck

Posted on Feb 8, 2018 1:06 PM

9 replies

Feb 8, 2018 2:34 PM in response to gazzagolf

Let's try a few resets to see if they resolve this issue:

1. First, I would like for you to perform a "Reset Network Settings" reset. If this fixes it, stop.
  2. If the first reset doesn't help, try a "Reset All Settings" reset.

To perform either reset:

• Tap on Settings > General > Reset
  • Then tap on the appropriate reset option to perform that reset.

Feb 8, 2018 2:21 PM in response to Tesserax

Hi

I can't send any mails from iPhone on either account but i can from my laptop (windows)

I can receive email on both accounts on my iPhone.

I just get the error message rejected by server can't understand it, it was working fine up until lunchtime today and i didn't update, add or change anything. Tried it with wifi turned off and just same

Feb 9, 2018 9:42 AM in response to Tesserax

Tried it, restored from September which meant I did lose some stuff so not happy, and it made no difference at all! So I went to bed. Tried it while out today and works fine! Not a clue as to why. Oddly the other account , Hotmail, still won’t work from the mail icon but does work from the App!

Thanks for your help, I am none the wiser but I can send mail 😁

can receive but not send email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.