Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can iMessage messages be accessed on a non-apple device, mainly a desktop computer, online? Or on the cloud?

About 5 years ago I was informed that imessages can only be accessed on other apple devices. Has this changed? It's very inconvenient to not be able to access your messages if you need them but don't have your apple devices around you. I recently went overseas & left my iphone & ipad behind. So I was unable to access my stuff (mainly imessages and photos) for 32 days... It really drove me crazy, especially because I was working overseas. So I had my work laptop but unfortunately it is a Windows operated laptop that my job provided me with (otherwise I would have a Mac). I would imagine that by now Apple would have upgraded & allowed imessages to be accessed on the cloud.

Posted on Feb 8, 2018 2:34 PM

3 replies

Can iMessage messages be accessed on a non-apple device, mainly a desktop computer, online? Or on the cloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.