Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All Shared Photo Albums are missing online

I cannot see my shared photo albums on icloud.com.

Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview version 1709 build 17093.1000, 64-bit

iCloud for Windows version 7.3.0.20

iOS 10.3.3 on Apple iPad 4

iOS 11.3 Public Beta 2 on Apple iPad Air

Since 7/23/17, I have had a Family Membership subscription to Apple Music, which includes Family Sharing. Sharing of iCloud Storage is turned off, and I have only the free 5 Gb of iCloud Storage.

I can see my shared photo albums (and their contents) in the Photos app on my 2 iOS devices, but cannot see them on icloud.com, in Edge, IE, Firefox, or Chrome on Windows. These albums were created and uploaded prior to starting my Family Membership subscription.

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Feb 8, 2018 2:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2018 5:38 PM

Your friends and family can use iCloud to view, like, and comment on your shared photos and videos from their iOS devices, Mac and Windows computers, or even Apple TV.

Somewhat misleading, no?

You are reading iCloud.com, they are saying iCloud. 2 different things.

Using iCloud for Windows, your friends and family do have access to shared albums.

User uploaded file

Set up and use iCloud for Windows - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2018 5:38 PM in response to ClydeMcK

Your friends and family can use iCloud to view, like, and comment on your shared photos and videos from their iOS devices, Mac and Windows computers, or even Apple TV.

Somewhat misleading, no?

You are reading iCloud.com, they are saying iCloud. 2 different things.

Using iCloud for Windows, your friends and family do have access to shared albums.

User uploaded file

Set up and use iCloud for Windows - Apple Support

Feb 8, 2018 3:58 PM in response to ClydeMcK

Since talking to Apple Support, I now understand that iCloud shared photo albums cannot be viewed online at icloud.com using any browser, unless the shared album was created specifically as a public album. The only photos you'll see at icloud.com are your personal photos/albums.

This seems counter to what the Help documents say, such as "Your friends and family can use iCloud to view, like, and comment on your shared photos and videos from their iOS devices, Mac and Windows computers, or even Apple TV. (They can read but not add comments on Apple TV.)" and "You and subscribers to your shared albums can add more photos and videos. (Subscribers need an iOS device, Mac, or Windows computer set up for iCloud Photo Sharing.)"

Somewhat misleading, no?

Feb 9, 2018 1:46 PM in response to LACAllen

Your answer is correct, and I admit I haven't tried this with shared albums other than my own. But it seems abnormally cumbersome, and rather insecure, that another iCloud for Windows user, with whom I've shared an album, would have to download the entire contents of a shared album to their local hard disk in order to view, like and/or comment on a photo. Oh well, never mind, it's unlikely I'll use the feature anyway.

All Shared Photo Albums are missing online

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.