Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos 4 - where is shared albums

In Photos 4, I can't see shared album in the sidebar. It is switched on via iCloud preferences, iCloud Shared Albums and I can select a photo and create a new shared album, but I do not see existing shared albums at all. Therefore I can not edit, delete or view any shared albums.

There has been a question resolved previously but after toggling 'Shared Albums' in preferences I still don't have option in the sidebar. ( where are my shared albums? )

I have Photostream and Shared Albums checked, but not iCloud Photos.

I have Family Sharing enabled - my wife has the account.

Hoping someone can help.

RY

Posted on Oct 4, 2018 5:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2018 5:53 AM

In Photo > Preferences > iCloud, there displayed a message 'iCloud features for Photos are only available in the System Photo Library.'

I had done a clean of the HD which kept the Photos Library. I found I need to select the Photos Library as 'Use as System Photo Library' in the General tab of Photos > Preferences. After that I have option to switch on Shared Albums there.

It is resolved now. Thank you for the speedy reply.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2018 5:53 AM in response to léonie

In Photo > Preferences > iCloud, there displayed a message 'iCloud features for Photos are only available in the System Photo Library.'

I had done a clean of the HD which kept the Photos Library. I found I need to select the Photos Library as 'Use as System Photo Library' in the General tab of Photos > Preferences. After that I have option to switch on Shared Albums there.

It is resolved now. Thank you for the speedy reply.

Oct 4, 2018 5:44 AM in response to Yaptastic

It is switched on via iCloud preferences, iCloud Shared Albums and I can select a photo and create a new shared album, but I do not see existing shared albums at all. Therefore I can not edit, delete or view any shared albums.

Is this in the System Preferences > iCloud > Photos > Options or in the Photos > Preferences > iCloud?

Shared albums should be enabled in both places. And it may take a day or longer for the shared albums to appear.

Photos 4 - where is shared albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.