Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X (Error: 4013)

My iPhone X is stuck on the support.apple.com/iphone/restore screen.

I plugged the phone into the most recent version of iTunes. The restore and update screen pops up.

Whenever I click to restore, I always get a 4013 error.

I do not care about my data, I just want to be able to use my phone.

Secondly, I have tried using several IPSW firmwares.

iPhone X

Posted on Feb 10, 2018 4:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2018 1:15 PM

See step 4 in:

If you see error 9, 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you restore your iOS device - Apple Support

which says:

When iTunes asks you to update or restore, click Update (not Restore) to reinstall iOS and keep your personal data.

I am concerned about where you got "several IPSW firmwares" from. There is only one "official" IPSW and it comes directly from Apple when you update your iOS.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2018 1:15 PM in response to vyaan

See step 4 in:

If you see error 9, 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you restore your iOS device - Apple Support

which says:

When iTunes asks you to update or restore, click Update (not Restore) to reinstall iOS and keep your personal data.

I am concerned about where you got "several IPSW firmwares" from. There is only one "official" IPSW and it comes directly from Apple when you update your iOS.

iPhone X (Error: 4013)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.