Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't send messages from my mac

I have my iPhone and messages on my Mac connected. I receive messages on my Mac just fine, but I am unable to send any message at all from my Mac.

Mac mini, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), messages 11.0 on my Mac

Posted on Feb 11, 2018 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2018 8:39 AM

Hello DanniBoi04,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you're having some trouble sending messages from your Mac, and I have some information that may help.

Have a look at the excerpt from the article below for some helpful information on how to send messages using continuity. You will need to have your iPhone near your Mac when using continuity if you are sending messages via SMS.

Use Messages with your Mac - Apple Support

Send text messages to anyone from your Mac

If you have an iPhone with an active cellular plan, you can set up Messages to send and receive SMS and MMS messages from your Mac. Such messages don't require the recipient to be using iMessage or an Apple device.

1. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Add a check to your phone number and email address.
  2. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding, then choose to allow your Mac to send and receive text messages from this iPhone.
  3. Check your Mac for a verification code, then enter that code on your iPhone.

To get all of your iMessage and SMS/MMS messages on all of your Apple devices, you can set up the SMS and MMS feature of Continuity.

If you run into any trouble, please reach out again.
​Best Regards.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2018 8:39 AM in response to BLAngel

Hello DanniBoi04,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you're having some trouble sending messages from your Mac, and I have some information that may help.

Have a look at the excerpt from the article below for some helpful information on how to send messages using continuity. You will need to have your iPhone near your Mac when using continuity if you are sending messages via SMS.

Use Messages with your Mac - Apple Support

Send text messages to anyone from your Mac

If you have an iPhone with an active cellular plan, you can set up Messages to send and receive SMS and MMS messages from your Mac. Such messages don't require the recipient to be using iMessage or an Apple device.

1. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Add a check to your phone number and email address.
  2. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding, then choose to allow your Mac to send and receive text messages from this iPhone.
  3. Check your Mac for a verification code, then enter that code on your iPhone.

To get all of your iMessage and SMS/MMS messages on all of your Apple devices, you can set up the SMS and MMS feature of Continuity.

If you run into any trouble, please reach out again.
​Best Regards.

I can't send messages from my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.