Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to transfer microsoft office files in USB thumb drive into Macbook Pro?

How to transfer Microsoft office files in USB thumb drive into Macbook Pro?

I have my old files in MS-Word, Excel, pictures, etc in a USB thumb drive which I have plugged into my new MacBook Pro USB port but I can not see the drive on the screen. Have never used an Apple/Mac machine before. Could any user help?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10), To TransMSWord files in USB thumbdr

Posted on Feb 11, 2018 11:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2018 12:14 AM

There's 2 ways to view the files.

1) The flash drive should appear on your desktop. Double click to open it up.

2) At the bottom of the screen, you should see a bunch of icons called the Dock. Click on the finder application, which is the one that looks like a folder. On the left side of the window you should see your flash drive. Click on it and you should be able to access all the files.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2018 12:14 AM in response to macprorichmond

There's 2 ways to view the files.

1) The flash drive should appear on your desktop. Double click to open it up.

2) At the bottom of the screen, you should see a bunch of icons called the Dock. Click on the finder application, which is the one that looks like a folder. On the left side of the window you should see your flash drive. Click on it and you should be able to access all the files.

How to transfer microsoft office files in USB thumb drive into Macbook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.