Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing Apps between 2 ID's

I have shared my Apple ID with my wife for at least 15 years, sharing calendars, contacts, notes, iCloud, etc. We decided to use separate ID’s now while still retaining the shared apps, but when she added her new ID, we ran into problems. I need to know how to get back our shared apps. We are on iOS 11.2.5 and Sierra and El Capitan. Thanks.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Feb 13, 2018 11:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2018 11:38 AM

You have two options:

1. Sign into the iTunes & App Store only with the same (original) Apple ID. You would still sign into iCloud, Messages, FaceTime, etc. with your individual IDs

or

2. Set up Family Sharing. The only potential drawback that you may see with this option is that with Family Sharing, the "Organizer's" account is the account that all purchases get charged to unless other members have an iTunes credit:

Apple - iCloud - Family Sharing

Cheers,

GB

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2018 11:38 AM in response to Arnie-rs

You have two options:

1. Sign into the iTunes & App Store only with the same (original) Apple ID. You would still sign into iCloud, Messages, FaceTime, etc. with your individual IDs

or

2. Set up Family Sharing. The only potential drawback that you may see with this option is that with Family Sharing, the "Organizer's" account is the account that all purchases get charged to unless other members have an iTunes credit:

Apple - iCloud - Family Sharing

Cheers,

GB

Sharing Apps between 2 ID's

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.