Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari on macOS High Sierra

I am using the latest version of High Sierra and Safari 11.0.3. Is there anyway to stop the last page(s) from being loaded every time close and reopen Safari? All I want is my homepage Google to load but I can't seem to find an option to stop this from happening. I set my homepage to www.google.com and each time I close and restart Safari any pages I had open will reopen.

Eric

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), Safari

Posted on Feb 13, 2018 3:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2018 3:27 PM

I opened both sets of preferences at once on the screen. So, go to Safari and choose preferences and then general. Now go to the apple and choose System preferences and then General. Be able to see both preference pages on the screen. Now go down and and Uncheck the box that says Close windows when quitting an app. Then check the box again and you should see Safari opens with: in the Safari preferences. From the pop up window, I chose A New Window on mine. You also have a pop up window in New Windows open with: You can choose home page here. Don't forget to put your home page URL in the box where it says Homepage:.

I think Eric has the right idea. The Close windows when quitting an app needs to be checked to eliminate the old windows the next time you boot up Safari.

Hope this helps.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2018 3:27 PM in response to VideoProgMan

I opened both sets of preferences at once on the screen. So, go to Safari and choose preferences and then general. Now go to the apple and choose System preferences and then General. Be able to see both preference pages on the screen. Now go down and and Uncheck the box that says Close windows when quitting an app. Then check the box again and you should see Safari opens with: in the Safari preferences. From the pop up window, I chose A New Window on mine. You also have a pop up window in New Windows open with: You can choose home page here. Don't forget to put your home page URL in the box where it says Homepage:.

I think Eric has the right idea. The Close windows when quitting an app needs to be checked to eliminate the old windows the next time you boot up Safari.

Hope this helps.

Feb 13, 2018 3:14 PM in response to VideoProgMan

Click on Safari and choose Preferences. Then choose General. Make Sure "Safari opens with:" has a new window as the choice.. for "New windows open with:" You would choose Home Page. Make sure your "Homepage:" has your home page listed in the provided box. That should take care of it. Hope this helps

On my preferences I open a New window with Top sites and have New tabs open with Empty Page.

Safari on macOS High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.