Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch ID on iPhone 6

My touch ID on iPhone 6 worked only now and then, so I renewed my fingerprint, but it has not improved the matter, in fact it now only switches on with the digit code. Any suggestions - or does it mean a trip to an Apple shop, in The Hague that requires a long wait for an appointment!

Posted on Feb 14, 2018 6:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2018 11:35 AM

As a test, you may want to set up a close friend or spouse for Touch ID on it temporarily and see how it behaves. You can remove their fingerprints after you test it. Some people have issues with biometric readers. Those with dry skin, etc. Though there may be a hardware problem, it may just be you... I have several relatives and friends with issues, which are more common among those who are older and those who work in environments where they are exposed to things like harsh cleaning products constant water exposure, etc.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2018 11:35 AM in response to SandyRobertAramco62469

As a test, you may want to set up a close friend or spouse for Touch ID on it temporarily and see how it behaves. You can remove their fingerprints after you test it. Some people have issues with biometric readers. Those with dry skin, etc. Though there may be a hardware problem, it may just be you... I have several relatives and friends with issues, which are more common among those who are older and those who work in environments where they are exposed to things like harsh cleaning products constant water exposure, etc.

Touch ID on iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.