Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do I keep getting the message 'your post could not be saved'.

Test post. Please ignore.

MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12.6), null

Posted on Feb 15, 2018 12:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2018 7:46 PM

seventy one wrote:

I think they are doing updates to the site. I've seen that pop-up as well as experienced super long delays to go back to the Content page. Reporting also can take what seems like forever. I totally ignore the "cannot be saved" message. It doesn't really seem to be sincere in my experience. I also had it come up when I tried to save a Reply, but I just kept tapping on Reply and after the third tap or so, it posted it....

GB

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2018 7:46 PM in response to seventy one

seventy one wrote:

I think they are doing updates to the site. I've seen that pop-up as well as experienced super long delays to go back to the Content page. Reporting also can take what seems like forever. I totally ignore the "cannot be saved" message. It doesn't really seem to be sincere in my experience. I also had it come up when I tried to save a Reply, but I just kept tapping on Reply and after the third tap or so, it posted it....

GB

Feb 19, 2018 7:42 PM in response to seventy one

The only time I've seen this is when you've taken too long to write your reply and your login cookie has expired. As such, the forums no longer know who you are, and therefore what to save.

The solution (at least until there are sane timeouts on logins here) is to copy what you've written, then reload the original post page and start a new reply. This will log you back in and you can paste your craftily-written post before you're timed out again. 🙂

Why do I keep getting the message 'your post could not be saved'.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.