Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple maps is dangerous.

I use apple maps while driving a class A semi truck. It works very well, but recently, it's been changing my route without my consent mid-transport. I review my route every time carefully, but when the app thinks it knows a faster route, it's actually putting me and others in danger. I can't go everywhere a car goes with a 48` trailer in tow. Telling me to get a truck gps does not help. Here's my question:

How do i make sure maps does not change my route without me taking my eyes off the road to mess with my phone? Also, I'd like to turn off u-turns as an option.

Posted on Feb 15, 2018 5:22 AM

3 replies

Apple maps is dangerous.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.