Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Callers complain about poor sound

I bought 8+ and it has a muffled voice. People in the other end constantly ask me to speak louder or complain that they can’t hear me. They say that it seems I am calling them sitting in a tunnel. Some people on the other end said that I was “breaking up” and sounded like I was underwater. Turning the speaker phone helps a bit but the voice quality still suffers.

Some suggested it may be because of Freedom Mobile Network issues. I switched to Fido but the problem persists.

This phone was bought from local Apple store back in October, 2017.

Can any body suggest a solution? I read on Google that many other users are having the same issue with their iPhone 8s.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Feb 15, 2018 8:43 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 16, 2018 3:57 PM in response to Moby

Hello Moby,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with your iPhone 8 Plus. If you've already completed all the steps from the article linked in your post, I recommend following the guidance below:

If you've tried these steps and people still can't hear you on phone or FaceTime calls or Siri doesn’t hear your requests, contact Apple Support.

Get help with the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Feb 16, 2018 3:57 PM in response to Moby

Hello Moby,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with your iPhone 8 Plus. If you've already completed all the steps from the article linked in your post, I recommend following the guidance below:

If you've tried these steps and people still can't hear you on phone or FaceTime calls or Siri doesn’t hear your requests, contact Apple Support.

Get help with the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Callers complain about poor sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.