Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting iPhone X to MacBook Air 2017

I'm trying to connect my iPhone X to my MacBook Air 2017 to charge it, however all that happens is it will connect then disconnect constantly. I've tried using different cables and another MacBook but it still does the same thing. I have tried using my iPad which connects just fine. I've also tried an SMC reset - anything else I can try?

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Feb 17, 2018 5:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2018 10:24 AM

_freddynn,

Hmm, see this:

If iTunes doesn‘t recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

Good luck.

2 replies

Feb 19, 2018 3:10 PM in response to _freddynn

Did you try a hard reset on the iPhone, if not, give that a try?

Double check with a flashlight that you do not have a bit of lint or debris in the iPhone charging port, this has happened to me before from having it in my pants pocket, blow out with a bit of 'Air' (computer keyboard aerosol can) or pick out with a toothpick (plastic or wooden) do not use a metal object.

Connecting iPhone X to MacBook Air 2017

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.