Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8plus iOS issues

Not even 2 months old. Please read whole thing. Have I turned some wrong not used functions off??

Ok I was given the IPhone 8 Plus and the handset may as well be plugged in 24/7 . It was a gift at xmas, as a gift I must say not my choice. Not my preference as I had issue with Apple and iOS before.

It is now the 18th February not even two months old and he battery goes flat rapidly is an understatement.

(I don’t have a personal email nor Facebook Instagram NO SOCIAL MEDIA whatsoever ever I don’t see the point in this narcissistic pursuit) I even have black wallpaper on both screens to reduce need for image colouring.

To explain my usage style and different times and ways it drains I’ll ofer two scenarios briefly.

**Everyone’s usual lying in bed few (work)emails, couple of videos and a few SMS.I have the ABC and BBC news apps I read the headlines Gone from 100% to 75-70% swiftly. Accumulated possibly hour- hour fifteen usage. ( Lower end of battery issue)

Daytime I am a military officer I spend a great deal of time outside the office by choice rolling around doing my tasks in whatever fashion I please. I always use my handsfree earphones.

Now I have a few radio listening apps. I mainly use I Heart Radio, here in Australia it’s provided free of no data charges. I am listening to ABC news radio along with the usual two odd hours of nikki Minaj to Iggy azalea through to rock and back to hip hop. Broad tastes.....

During this time I will answer SMS I will answer Whatsapp and also one other messaging service. And make phone calls -I will be on the phone no more than 20-30 mins collectively (I do face to face)

For the following I have all the notifications turned of for things I don’t use unless I open the app. My work email does not push to my phone does not even give me a bubble or banner. I check it away from work maybe twice a day. I have screen set at 50/75% and more when in full sun.

Doing the above last weds I listening to radio from 100%

I had two hours listening.

Six phone calls 35 mins.

6 SMS replies.

3 what’s app pics and messages received.

Two cigarettes /read headlines during this (17mins). = battery at 64% How the f%#^

.......please enlighten me Apple.

#no ringing or vibrating for silent or not.

#no haptic feedback

#Bluetooth off never use

#Backlight 30seconds

Auto lock

#Wifi off-never use-no hot spotting despite(120gb)plan

#Background refresh off

#True Tone off (auto adjuster)

#orientation lock on permanently.

Posted on Feb 18, 2018 1:49 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

iPhone 8plus iOS issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.