Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CD tracks split between two "artists"

Mac OSX 10.13.3, Macbook Pro (2014), iTunes 12.7.3.46

I imported a CD with 25 tracks into iTunes some years ago. For some reason, one of the tracks is listed separately from the others, with a different "artist" detail. The majority (24) of the tracks are listed with the artist "The Harp Consort". The singleton is listed under the artist "Andrew Lawrence King: The Harp Consort". It would be easy to edit an XML file (ie iTunes Library.xml) to fix this error, but it appears Apple now uses an encoded .itl file. Is there any way to combine to combine the errant file with the others? I have tried re-importing the library but the same error is propagated. If I delete the .itl file and re-import, nearly everything is missing. So at present I'm stuck with this one file in the wrong "artist". Advice appreciated. DN.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), iTunes 12.7.3.46

Posted on Feb 18, 2018 10:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2018 10:26 PM

Solved: I right clicked on the errant track and selected Song Info. I was able to edit the "artist entry" to make it the same as the others. It then relocated itself to the correct artist, with the others.

Similar questions

1 reply

CD tracks split between two "artists"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.