Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X crashes

My iPhone C ios 11.2.5, crashes on messages app & WhatsApp today own its own nothing opened anything. Whats the issue? How to resolve it?

Posted on Feb 18, 2018 10:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2018 2:52 AM

The first thing to do when an iOS device acts up is to restart Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies

Feb 19, 2018 5:53 AM in response to Bsn1443

you are probably a victim of the infamous Telugu character bug.

You can't do anything about the messages app, but you can fix whatsapp using WhatsApp Web (if you are already logged in)

You have to search and delete any message with a weird character in it. Google for "telugu iphone crash" and you will find how this character looks like (i'm not going to paste it here). After you deleted it i suggest you to block any person that have sent to you that message, at least until Apple release a firmware with the fix. 11.2.5 is still affected by this.

If you have an apple watch you are out of luck, it will reboot-loop no matter what you do. The only working solution is uninstalling whatsapp (worked for me). Telegram is unaffected by this problem, you can safely use it as alternative to Whatsapp, hoping your friends are already using it (they should)

iPhone X crashes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.