Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 7 is bent from sitting

I just got an iPhone 7 for Christmas and I have been putting it in my back pocket since. My phone is now curved. I have apple care and was wondering if this was covered. It seems ridiculous that a phone would bend from being in a pocket and having a case on.

Posted on Feb 19, 2018 11:51 AM

10 replies

Feb 19, 2018 1:55 PM in response to Keightie13

It's not strange in the least. When enough pressure is put against any phone, they can bend and iPhone is no different. Hopefully what Apple will do is offer you an out of warranty replacement. It's extremely unlikely they will simply replace the phone at no cost to you. And if you get an out of warranty replacement, don't put it in your back pocket and sit on it. I'm sure if you pay the $319, that will be reminder enough not to sit on your phone:

iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

Feb 19, 2018 11:53 AM in response to Keightie13

Warranties do not cover user inflicted damage.

It seems ridiculous that a phone would bend from being in a pocket and having a case on.

What's ridiculous about simple physics? Given enough force, metal will bend. You're lucky the glass didn't crack, too.

It doesn't matter what brand of phone you put in your back pocket. If you insist on sitting on it, it will bend. These things aren't an inch thick.

My iPhone 7 is bent from sitting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.