Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch3 causes unbearable pain in arm

I have not expected such a product from Apple, i bough my Apple iWatch 3 (42mm with a Sport Band) on new year 2018 and soon after 2 weeks its started hurting my wrist and later after 3 week pain gradually started hurting badly.

My new iWatch 3 has the GPS feature. I don’t use it to its potential; instead, using it primarily as a watch (8 hr during day time) and occasionally using apps & call feature to read/send texts.

I have no skin irritation/rash issues nor is my band too tight. Like others in this forum, my pain is an aching pain which is deep in my wrist and radiates up my arm which should be neurogenic in nature. I’ve tried everything, wearing it on the opposite arm as suggested by apple support, flipping the watch so that it’s on the anterior vs. posterior surface of my wrist, I’ve turned off the heart rate monitor, minimized the haptics and still continue to experience the pain. The only relief comes after I remove the watch for several hours to a day.

I have an open case with apple support and hope that with our growing numbers that Apple will take heed and develop a resolve. In the meantime, I am so sad that I cannot wear my Apple Watch 3!

<Re-Titled by Host>

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 4.2.3

Posted on Feb 20, 2018 12:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2018 2:33 AM

Hi

If you experience or kind of discomfort around or beneath your Apple Watch (not iWatch) or band, then Apple recommends that you remove your Apple Watch and consult a doctor / physician before wearing it again.

More information, including tips from Apple:

Be sure to also follow Apple's handing instructions in respect of operating temperatures:

Keep Apple Watch within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support

You have indicated that you already have an open case with Apple Support.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2018 2:33 AM in response to harijha

Hi

If you experience or kind of discomfort around or beneath your Apple Watch (not iWatch) or band, then Apple recommends that you remove your Apple Watch and consult a doctor / physician before wearing it again.

More information, including tips from Apple:

Be sure to also follow Apple's handing instructions in respect of operating temperatures:

Keep Apple Watch within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support

You have indicated that you already have an open case with Apple Support.

Feb 20, 2018 4:13 AM in response to harijha

This has not solved my problem. My doctor asked me whats the new thing i am doing to diagnose the pain root cause and found nothing else as cause. When Dr asked me remove watch for some days i tried and found relief. Whenever i putting the watch again it becomes the same situation. What should do with this expensive watch.

I hope, we believe in apple product as we are concerned about what we are wearing on our body and hence not bought any other brand watch like samsung or fit bit. But now i think this is not the case. Also i am not getting proper support from apple support.

😠

Feb 20, 2018 5:50 AM in response to harijha

harijha wrote:

.. What should do with this expensive watch. ..

If your doctor has advised that you should not wear your Apple Watch, then I suggest that you stop wearing it.

If Apple, via your ongoing contact with Apple Support, does not identify any hardware or software issue with it, then I suggest that, if necessary, you consider selling your Apple Watch privately or giving it away.

Apple's Standard Return Policy in the US, for example, allows for an Apple Watch purchased directly from Apple to be returned for a refund or exchange within 14 days of original purchase. Whilst you can certainly ask whether Apple would be willing to make an exception to this policy, I'm afraid that no-one here can tell you what Apple would decide in your specific case. You are not talking to Apple here - this is a user-based technical support community.

Otherwise, if selling or giving away your Apple Watch, be sure to follow Apple's instructions for unpairing your Apple Watch and turning off Activation Lock, such that it is left ready for a new user to set up as their own:

About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Apple watch3 causes unbearable pain in arm

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.